Tuesday: Talk Data To Me!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Happy Tuesday! I hope you all found yesterday's post about organization helpful. Today is the day I know most of you have been waiting for... Data Day! I have posted a few different data sheets because there really isn't one sheet that will work for everyone. I have found that with my very young students, anecdotal data is sometimes the best! Because you can't always measure communication with pluses and minuses.
If you remember from my How Do You Keep Student Data post, I use binders to keep my student information and data organized. Inside the binder, I have dividers separating each student. I also have a student information chart (download below), data sheets, and some work samples to show progress. If the student really wants to keep their work, make a photo copy and keep it in the binder. I like keeping random work samples in the binders for a few reasons. It is great to have to show the teachers and parents at meetings. It is also great to have to remind ourselves (and the student) how much progress they really have made when you feel like they aren't reaching their goals. 

Student Information Sheet: This is like a snap shot of your student. It includes their information, IEP date, re-evaluation date, recent evaluation information, services they receive, etc. 

Student Data Sheet: students can keep track of their own goals. I have found this to be very motivating for my students. They are very aware of their goals and they are able to track their own progress.  **Bonus: Principals LOVE to see this!

Anecdotal Data Notes: I like using this when pluses and minuses just wont cut it! For example, this has really come in handy for me with preschoolers that have very limited vocabulary. I have noted words he/she uses during structured play. 

Data Sheet #1: This sheet is helpful for showing progress and growth with one specific goal.

Data Sheet #2: This is my go-to data sheet! This is the one most of you have emailed me for!

How do you find keeping data is best for you?
Powered by Blogger.