Saturday, August 11, 2012

More Organizational Freebies!!

I can't believe there are only 2 days left of summer break! I hope you all enjoy your last few days and don't think about work too much. But if you are like me and are already planning how you are going to plan... here are some freebies for you!

First up... some organizational labels for your room!

Next... a template for a letter to send home the first week. I like to send home a letter each year to introduce myself and let parents know when their child will be receiving speech. Since speech is only a few times a week, parents can plan doctor and dentist appointments around the speech schedule.

Finally... a new behavior chart. I have seen on Pinterest the charts that you use with clothespins and wanted to created my own. Put each child's name on a clothespin. They can come in and put their name up on the "Read to Work" section. Move their name up and down the chart depending on their behavior that day... the goal is to be a "Super Speechie!" I used "Teacher's Choice" as the final result for bad behavior because I know we all use different methods for discipline (parent contact, teacher note, etc)


I hope you find these helpful! Have a relaxing weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - love them! Do your parents really plan appointments around the speech schedule? I have had students getting ABA who worked around the school schedule, but not regular appointments.


    Oh, How Pintearesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura- at my school, no they don't. There may be a parent or 2 that does but overall, no. When I interned at a fundamental school they did. I guess I'm wishful thinking that they will start to do this every year :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the labels - I love the font and frames. Are there particular self-adhesive labels that you print these on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my plan was to print on card-stock, laminate them, and attach with Velcro or something like that. That way I can re-use them if I do some rearranging (which happens frequently!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just wondering how many students you service? I found that once my caseload in a building was over 25-30 clothespins were difficult to manage. They get to heavy on a chart and kids struggle to find their name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I service approx 45-50 kids at my school. I wasn't planning on keeping the clothespins on the chart all at once. I would change them out for each group. So there would only be 5-6 on at a time. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Kristin,

    I gave you the One Lovely Blog Award on my blog :) I love your blog. Check out my post and pass on the award!

    Eden
    teachinginflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there,
    I am enjoying looking thru your blog. I wanted to ask you where you found your fonts and borders for the folder labels. I would like to take yours and add a little more.
    Thanks,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristin! I love your organization labels so much that I was wondering if you had matching labels for your materials and books (i.e.; articulation, language, fluency, phonological awareness)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristin! Would you be able to make the parent letter freebie editable? I would love to use it this year, but I just need to change the year to 2013-2014, and customize the letter a little.

    Thanks!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I can't make it editable because of the TOU for the clipart. However, I have had a few requests so I will make one without a date. Stay tuned.... :)
      Kristin

      Delete