Monday, August 20, 2012

Meet Mrs. Cummings!

Hello! I hope you all had a fabulous day! For those of you back to work for the first day with the kids at school.. how did it go? It's so important for our students to feel comfortable with their peers and with their teachers so they can be successful in therapy. I like to spend the first few weeks getting to know my students and letting them get to know me. This year I created a power point presentation so my students can get to know me a little better. I have noticed over the past few years that I have much less behavior problems with the kids that I have closer relationships with. Hopefully this little presentation will help them (and now you!) get to know me better. Enjoy!








 

9 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Did you show the PP to each of your groups or to all of your speech kids as a whole?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I bet your kids really enjoyed seeing it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Do you typically see groups on the first day back? I don't even start seeing kids until about 3 weeks in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to make contact with the kids starting the first day but I don't pull groups till the second week. I like to let the kids get used to their new teacher and schedule first.

      Delete
  4. I have a similar PowerPoint presentation I use with my students. I also like to include information about why students come to speech and language therapy and what types of things we work on. You can have the students talk about their interests during the presentation as well. It's a great "getting to know you" activity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love the idea of "why do we come to speech" presentation!

      Delete
  5. I love your getting to know me posters. I have to add that I remember almost every single photo you used and then some ...

    Love you,
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete