Operation: Recall! {A New Activity For Memory Recall}

Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Happy Wednesday (actually it's late, I should be saying Happy Thursday to most of you!) I hope you all have had a wonderful week so far. I wanted to write a post tonight to highlight a new product in my store. I have a few students on my caseload that have difficulty with auditory processing. We have been working on following multistep directions, but I wanted to create a fun activity that would also help with short term memory recall. 
Introducing.... Operation:Recall
This activity includes 3 pages of picture cards: 
Sea Creatures
Community Helpers
Colored Pencils
This is a great way to work on vocabulary while targeting memory and following directions skills. 
Also included in this packet are "Mission" cards. The way I play this game, I choose a card and tell the student, "Your mission is to collect- 1 yellow pencil and 1 crab." They cannot go get the item until I say "Go!" This prevents them from picking up cards while I am giving directions. Usually I have the students repeat what their mission is back to me to give extra reinforcement. 
If space permits, put the cards on a separate table or on the floor. This way the child has to move to go get the cards instead of searching for them as you are giving directions. 
I have included themed/related mission cards as well as unrelated cards. So if you only want to target community helpers, you can simply use the community helper cards. Eventually, move on to the unrelated cards for an extra challenge. 
Also included in this activity packet are blank cards so you can create your own missions!
Above is a picture of one of my little lovies on a mission. She insisted on wearing the hat to make it more official!
You can download a copy of this activity here! 
Or if you are feeling lucky, you can enter below to win a copy!





Powered by Blogger.