Get Your Paint On!

Saturday, May 11, 2013
Ever since Kenzie was born I could not wait for her to complete her first art project! I had some 12x12 canvases in my back room for her first finger painting experience for months but the fear of her putting the paint in her mouth stopped me. Finally a few weeks ago I discovered a paint recipe on Pinterest (God bless Pinterest!) that is only made up of flour, salt, water, and food coloring. Hallelujah Kenzie could finally get crafty with me! So Kenzie and I (and her little friend Liam) have been making mother's day gifts this week (mom, I hope you are not reading this!) 
Here is the link to the paint recipe from the Get Your Mess On blog!
The recipe calls for:
1 cup salt
1 cup flour
1 cup water
a healthy squirt of food coloring

In the photo above, I halved the recipe and it still made a ton of paint. Next time, I would make the recipe without the food coloring, separate the mixture into separate bowls, and then add food coloring. I had an excess of pink paint!

Here's my little artist hard at work!
Ta Da! The finished product! 
This would be great to use with the kids at school. It cleans up extremely easy and you don't have to worry about them eating it. PS-Kenzie did put her hand in her mouth at one point and made a grossed out face!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!!




Powered by Blogger.