- 1 container (I used a plastic storage box)
- 10lb bag of rice/beans (I found one at Big Lots that was really cheap)
- Plastic or foam letters (you can find these at the dollar store)
1. Simply have your child use their hands to dig out one letter at a time. Have them tell you what the letter is, what sound it makes, a word that has the sound in it, etc.
2. Have your child dig out one letter at a time and find the match! I have written letters on a sentence strip or wrote them on the white board for the students to find the matching letter.
3. Hide all of the lowercase letters in the box and have your child find the uppercase match.
4. Have your child use this activity with a friend, great for practicing turn taking!