Thank you so much to everyone that participated in trivia tonight! I have a strange obsession with fun facts. I love knowing quirky knowledge about random things! That is why I chose to make my trivia night about Fun Facts on Children's Books! If you did not get a chance to play or would like to know a little more info about the topics discussed tonight, keep reading! I have also posted September's SLP Trivia Night line up at the bottom of the post.
OK, so I started out a little easy.
But the majority of the questions I used came from the website Mental Floss.
1. Who is the author of the story, The Rainbow Fish?
2. What story is about a cat the loves his shoes?
Pete the Cat
3. What story was banned in China because “Bears, lions, and other beasts cannot use human language?”
Alice in Wonderland. Alice in Wonderland used to be banned in parts of China. "Bears, lions and other beasts cannot use a human language," said General Ho Chien in 1931. "To attribute to them such a power is an insult to the human race."
Norman Bridwell almost called his big red dog Tiny, but his wife suggested Clifford — the name of her childhood imaginary friend.
5. What was The Very Hungry Caterpillar almost titled?
A Week With Willi Worm
6. How long did it take Dr. Seuss to write The Cat in the Hat?
Dr. Seuss said he expected to spend "a week or so" writing The Cat in the Hat. It ended up taking a year and a half.
What type of books did R.L Stein write before becoming a children’s horror author with the Goosebumps series?
Comedy! R.L. Stein wrote children's joke books. It is believed that his Goosebumps series was so successful because he knew how to balance horror and comedy.
8. How many words are used in Green Eggs and Ham?
50. Only 50 words. And that fact put Dr. Seuss on the winning side of a $50 bet with his publisher, Bennett Cerf, who said that he could not do it. What's more, 49 of the 50 words used in Green Eggs are one-syllable words. The lone multi-syllable word is "anywhere."
Remember to look for this badge from future SLP Trivia Hosts! Here is the line up for September (make sure you like their Facebook page to play!)
Tuesday 9/3/13: Live Love Speech
Tuesday 9/10/13: The Speech Bubble
Tuesday 9/17/13: Putting Words In Your Mouth
Tuesday 9/24/13: Twin Sisters Speech and Language Therapy