Friday, October 5, 2012

I {heart} May Books!

Have you checked out May Books website yet? This company creates the cutest personalized notebooks and planners I have ever seen. I first found out about them on Pinterest. As an SLP (and slightly OCD person!) notebooks and planners are essentials.

Here is the short version of the birth of May Books:
Logo designer, Mica May, was always a notebook junkie - but couldn't find the PERFECT one. On a whim, she began designing them for herself, with patterns + insides she wanted. Clients & friends wanted them too, so she threw some patterns up online and May Books was born nearly overnight.


To get your own May Book, go to their wesbite: www.maybooks.com and select "shop." The first step is to choose your pattern. May Books has almost 200 different colorful, trendy patterns to choose from. College readers- there are even sorority designs.... I came so close to ordering an ADPi notebook, too! 
Warning: it is extremely hard to choose which pattern to use!
After you choose your pattern, you can customize your book. Choose a monogram/ name style, background for it, and color. After that, choose what type of planner or notebook you want and boom... you have your May Book! How easy it that?


This is a shot of my therapy table... iced coffee, planner, and my May Book notebook! I am really big on the chevron pattern this year :)

Now that you are super psyched about ordering a May Book, I have some exciting news... some lucky duck will win free May Book! You must do 2 things to enter:

1. Put a link to May Books on your Facebook Page: www.maybooks.com
2. Leave a comment telling me your favorite May Book pattern!

That's it! A winner will be chosen at random on Monday October 8, 2012
 

36 comments:

  1. I like the Reeds Pink pattern. I don't know if you know but I love to journal. I keep a notebook with me all the time to jot down my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my May books! I got a planner and then one of the meal planners! I love love love them! I also my have gotten one for someone for Christmas (ssshh!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen May Books before, but they are so cute! So hard to choose just one pattern! But I am really loving the Ikat Pear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a May book planner now that I'm starting in the schools! I want wallpaper citrus with a monogram! and I shared on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love your planner. I'm liking the mauve color, though I don't usually go for it.

    Rebecca
    Talking With Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love so many patterns. I like the Zeta Tau Alpha Cheveron...pretty and a little reminder of some great college times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I have never seen these before! I am loving the Chevron Teal! You are right...it is hard to pick! Would love to win one of these awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love my academic planner!!!! It's not to big or bulky to keep in my purse. Love their designs too!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you pick just one!? Ah! I think....pink chevron...for today :)

    Jenn
    Crazy Speech World

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in LOVE with these maybooks! All of the patterns are fun, vibrant, and make me smile. My favorite is mermaid ocean by far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, how do you pick just one?! I pick Ikat Teal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anchor Hot Pink! Was looking into these for some Christmas gifts... =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Florence Lattice Teal! Ps I am a first year school-based SLP, and I graduated from UCF! Go Knights!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I agree with everyone who said it's tough just pickingone. I like Blooming Orchid & Hot Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Thanks so much for letting us know about this awesome site!!! I love the mod rose pink. What a great giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Anchor Hot Pink & Red. It's so beautiful and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in LOVE with the chevron stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the Florentine lattice...all the colors are great, not sure which one I'd pick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this website is great how did I not know about it earlier!!!! i looove all the chevron and ikat patterns

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just ordered one of these as a gift for someone who is a hard person to shop for... These are PERFECT! Thanks for sharing the website. My favorite is the blooming gray and tangerine! Love the mod rose patterns too... Hard to choose just one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it's Vintage Bird Spa but I might change my mind if I keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anchor teal or chevron teal....notice a trend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the Morroccan lattice gray pattern the best!

    ReplyDelete
  25. For me, it's a tie between ikat and lattice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i like the mermaid ocean . . . pretty blues and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The one that stands out for me is Ikat Teal. The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had never heard of May Books before, but I love the Stripe Lime.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ah this sounds like the perfect opportunity! I was looking through the patterns last week and debating placing an order (but really, what is there to debate?!) And now you've given me an opportunity to win one for free?? How does it get any better than that?

    I'm really in between the Ikat print in the purpleish color, the skinny chevron in any color, or the cute pink rosette pattern. All of them with a monogram of course!

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. just bought one for my mom for christmas in the anchor fig and hot pink. loving on the vintage bird now!

    ReplyDelete