Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Comprehension Freebie!

Well today I actually got some time to do some blogging... 2 posts in one day! I am currently sitting in Starbucks writing this post. Grandma is watching the munchkin so I thought I would get caught up on some goodies. Today I posted a picture on my Facebook page showing the game board I used in speech from Crazy Speech World. So I thought I'd share the game I made that works just perfect with it!

The game is a collection of 8 Halloween short stories with comprehension questions to go with each one. I have quite a few kiddos this year that need comprehension skills, so this is what I came up with to target that skill while still being festive. 
To download the game click here: Trick or Treat!

I incorporated it with Jen's game board by having the student put a chip on a piece of candy each time they answered a question correctly. To download Jen's game board click here!

If you download a copy of my game please leave me a comment letting me know! The more downloads I get, the more motivated I am to make more freebies!

13 comments:

  1. I downloaded the stories! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, I work with kids of all abilities, I can't wait to see how some of them do with the stories. I am also going to pass along your site....thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded this as well! I needed some good Halloween activities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stories are great!! Thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhh THANK YOU for the love! And thank you for the comprehension story...printing now :) You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the story comprehension activity...could be for auditory or reading comprehension. I like it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always on the hunt for story comprehension. This is great (and festive)! Thanks!

    Rebecca
    Talking With Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unable to download but they look intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. does the link not work for you? it is a google docs link

      Delete
  9. I used this activity today and it was PERFECT for targeting several of my student's objectives. I'll be using this one all week - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Used the story comprehension questions today- it was PERFECT! The kids loved it and I REALLY appreciate the freebie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!! I love getting comments and hearing about these activities being put to use! Glad you liked them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a day late but I downloaded it anyhow to use next year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete