Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Book of the Week!

This book is a favorite of mine. Who doesn't love Eric Carle? I had almost all of his books on my baby shower registry. This weeks book is (drum roll, please.....)
Book: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Author: Bill Martin Jr & Eric Carle
Goal/targets: Rhyming, /r/ words, animal and color vocabulary

**You can find this book on Amazon for under $1!

What are some activities you have done with this book?


  1. I do a whole unit on "Brown Bear!" I would be glad to share some of my activities with you. Should I email them to you?

    1. That would be great April! Thanks so much.

  2. Kristin
    I just did the whole book in sign language, I'd love to share if you want? It's a PPT. I also have worksheets I made matching the pictures with the signs and other worksheets word scramble. :)

  3. I love this book! And so does my 3 year old. I just found this website that looks fun: http://lapbooksbycarisa.homestead.com/BrownBear.html I'm definitely going to try some of those.

    A fun extension activity for conversation is to get a bunch of puppets or stuffed animals and line them up. Then have the kid repeat the book's pattern. It is good for increasing MLU and encouraging two word phrases.

  4. I would LOVE to see activities created for this book!