Friday, June 28, 2013

Cluster Reduction Rodeo!

During Better Hearing and Speech Month, I dedicated an entire week to phonological processes. On one of my posts, I asked the question, "Which phonological process do you encounter the most?" I had an overwhelming response from fellow readers stating that cluster reduction is by far the most popular process among their students and clients. With that information in mind, I created Cluster Reduction Rodeo!
This activity is designed to be used with students that demonstrate the phonological process of cluster reduction. Cluster reduction is defined as the simplification of a cluster by deleting one of it’s sounds.


For example, the word school may be produced, “kool”


This is a 20 page activity that includes:
A game board. Use this game board with the cluster cards. Have students practice a target(s) from the cards then move across the board.
106 cluster target cards for the S, R, L sounds. 
Bonus game cards!
There is also a page of blank cards that you can use however necessary for your students' individual needs. 
Here is what some fellow SLPs that have downloaded this activity have said about it:
Quick and easy activity with cute Rodeo graphics. I like that she included some activities with medial /s/ blends!- Speech2u

This will be great to work on clusters! Thanks!
-Speech Universe

Simple and easy to use activity with adorable visuals that targets S, R, L clusters at word level.
-Tatyana Elleseff

Super cute graphics and theme! Definitely will get a lot of use out of this packet!
-Home Sweet Speech Room

Always need more s blend work! Thanks!
-Speech Room News

Great word choice and theme!
-Ms Jocelyn Speech




21 comments:

  1. Cluster reduction is so common in my little kiddos! Thanks for this resource, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great activity for a common issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a common issue on my caseload. The activity looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i work with esl students and cluster reduction is common

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would absolutely love to use Cluster Reduction Rodeo to work on blends with the children I see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It absolutely is the most common process I see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just evaluated two students who this would be perfect for, plus so many others on my caseload!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely work with kids on cluster reduction

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I worked on cluster reductions quite a bit but never had a super fun way of having it as a game.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a couple of patients that have cluster issues

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be working with only preschoolers this year so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clever and cute! ALways targeting this with my pre-k and k kids!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I always have several cluster reduction kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! I have so many working on this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! This activity looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! I have lots of kids with cluster reduction!

    ReplyDelete
  18. yes I have tons of kids with s blend reduction.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, almost all of my little ones exhibit this.

    ReplyDelete