In My APPinion: Prepositions Journey

Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Appy Wednesday! I wanted to share with you one of the newest apps by Virtual Speech Center, Prepositions Journey! I was pretty excited when I was contacted about reviewing this app because I had recently taken on a new student with preposition goals! 
Prepositions Journey was created by a speech language pathologist to target early prepositions. 
The 18 common prepositions included in this app are:
in, on, under, next to, in front of, in the back, between, above, below, inside, in the middle, outside, out, over, near, far, on the side, on the left, on the right. 
To get started, first select or add a student. 
Once you have added a student, you can choose which prepositions you would like to target during the session, and if you want to have the prepositions presented receptively or expressively. 
An example of a receptive prompt wold be: "Show me the squirrel above the lamp."
An example of an expressive prompt would be: "Where is the rabbit?"
Another fun feature this app includes is that the student can choose where they want their preposition journey to occur: the city, island, or lake camping.
Below are a few screen shots from the different scenes included in the app.
Lake Camping
City
Island
This app was very easy to use and set up. What I loved most about this app is that  Prepositions Journey is a great app for data tracking and progress monitoring. Since it is more of a drill style app, the student that I used this app with did get a little bored with it after a while, but it gave me some really great data points. I would use this app as a pre/post test before and after a preposition lesson.


Powered by Blogger.