Help! I need somebody...not just anybody! :)

Monday, January 23, 2012
That song jumped in my head as I was thinking about writing this post! With our baby girl on the way, I go on maternity leave in 11 weeks. I am thrilled about the fact that I get to spend 4 whole months at home with my baby before the next school year begins. With that being said.... how in the world do I prepare for a substitute to take over my other "children"? Being a school based SLP, I have not had to make sub plans or anything like that before. I don't feel like I am handing over a caseload, I feel as if I am handing over a delicate package containing incredibly precious cargo. Each child has special needs and certain "do's and don'ts" that can severely affect a session.  (Don't ever touch Ashley's head, if you want David to participate, you have to sing a song first, etc). I'm sure that the substitute chosen to take my place will be fabulous... all of us SLP's are :) But it still makes me nervous. If anyone has had to do this, and has advice... please leave me a comment.

On a brighter note... I have reached over 40 followers!! Thank you so much for everyone who reads my blog. Have a wonderful night... yay we made it through Monday! :)


Powered by Blogger.