Speech Centers This Week!

Friday, February 8, 2013
Happy Friday! I have never meant TGIF more in my life! Who wants to meet me at happy hour? :) Before we go, I wanted to share with you all what we did in speech centers this week:

Center 1: Table Talking
If you are new to my speech centers posts, my table talking center is when I work one on one with my students on their goals. This is incredibly helpful for groups that have children at different ability levels. I am able to progress monitor their speech as well as work on certain sounds that they are having trouble with.

Center 2: iPad Center
This week I had the kids using Articulation Station by Little Bee Speech. I know that this app is nothing new to you all, but I love it. We have it on the iPad at school that the communication disorders department owns, but I use if so frequently that I wish I had my own copy!

Center 3: Activity Center
In honor of Valentine's Day, we used my LOVEly Speech cards and an echo microphone. I got the microphones in the dollar bin at Target. The kids love them and don't mind doing drills if they get to say them in the microphone.  You can download my LOVEly Speech articulation cards here!

Center 4: Listening Center  Activity Center #2
So... my "old as dirt" CD/cassette player died this week. I had to be quick on my feet and think of another activity for my centers. I decided to use Pop for Sight Words. To play, the student takes out a piece of popcorn  and reads the sight word on it. If he/she cannot read the word, you put it aside to be "popped" later. However, if you get a POP card, you have to put all the words back. This is a fun activity for a group and worked well as a center, too. 

I hope you all had a fabulous week! I look forward to seeing everyone's Valentine's Day activities next week!
Powered by Blogger.