Articulation Cut & Paste!

Thursday, December 5, 2019
Raise your hand if you have a lot of students on your caseload that need hands on activities to keep themselves focused during speech? I try to incorporate movement and fine motor opportunities as frequently as I can in my therapy sessions. Research has shown that movement increases blood and oxygen flow which positively affects cognitive development. Plus, how many little ones can sit still at a table for 60, 45 or even 30 minutes?
 Because of all the wiggles I was getting, I decided to create a new cut and paste articulation packet for my students. Each page has a visual for mouth placement for correct production. I find this very helpful during sessions to point to as a reminder during practice. 
 Each page has 10 target words for each articulation sound. I purposely chose 10 words to make it easier to get to 100 repetitions before the activity is finished! (Research has shown that a high number of trials is needed to have success in therapy sessions) Have your student practice the word 5 times before they color it and 5 more times before he/she pastes it. You can even add 5 more in there before the child cuts the pictures out!
 There is a version of this activity for readers and a version for non-readers. The reader version includes words and pictures. The non-reader version is pictures only. This will help your students feel a little more independent when completing this! 
 This packet can be used in individual therapy, group therapy, or even sent home for homework. I have it available in my TpT store now. I can't wait to hear what your students think of it!
Click on the image below to see this activity in my store!

Powered by Blogger.