2019 Our Year in Review

Wednesday, December 18, 2019
I know we say it every year, but I cannot believe another year has come and gone. We just got our family pictures back so I thought this would be a good time to reflect on the past year.
January started out a little scary. Kenzie had been bruising a lot. Large, dark bruises. And we didn't know where they were coming from. We ended up taking her to the pediatrician to get her checked out. They sent us to the local children's hospital for some tests. Scary tests. Thankfully I am close friends with our pediatrician and she didn't tell me all of the tests they were going to run. When all of the the results came back negative (cue the tears of joy) we came to the conclusion that Kenzie had something called childhood idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (or low platelet count). She had to have regular tests done and be followed by the oncology center at All Children's Hospital, but everything was going to be ok. The doctors guessed that a bad virus she had in December attacked her platelets and left her with this condition that caused her to bruise and bleed easily. 
    
        
Thankfully the year was looking up after January. In February, Kameron had his ear tubes removed (if any parent is on the fence about getting tubes, do it. It helped Kameron so much with ear infections, balance, and communication!) Kenzie went to two daddy daughter dances, one with Kevin and one with grandpa & pop pop. And my incredible grandpa turned 90 years young!
In March, Kevin and I were baptized. 
In April, Kenzie turned 7. 
In May, she lost her first tooth!

In June Kameron turned 4, both kids performed in the dance recital this year (gracing the same stage I had years ago), and we visited Cincinnati for our God daughter's high school graduation. She is now living here and is a USF Bull!! 

In September, Kenzie finally mustered up the courage to get her ears pierced! But of course, in true Kenzie fashion, it came with a huge audience and lots of tears. 


In October I turned 35. This year I have learned a lot about myself. I finally feel comfortable in my own skin and have more confidence now than I ever have. I learned that's its okay to ask for help and it's okay to not be okay. After a retinoid toxicity in April, I have tried really hard to detox our home and our lifestyle (not counting the wine and white claw, of course!)  For me, 2019 has been a lot about essential oils, yoga, reading (I actually accomplished my goal of reading a book a month!), and learning how to say the word, "No." 


Kevin is killing it at work. His radio show consistently comes in rated at first or second place. He also does a hysterical YouTube channel and radio show called Three Dads & a Minivan. Kenzie had so much fun this year with Girl Scouts and dance. She was chosen to be in a dance calendar for a local dance wear company. Kameron participated in both t-ball and soccer. 
This year we have been blessed, to say the least. I cannot wait to see what 2020 has in store for us. Thanks for being a part of our journey! Happy Holidays from my family to yours.... see you in the new year!!


Photography credit: Photos by Erika Johnson
Powered by Blogger.