Pin of the Week: Crockpot Cheeseburgers!

Friday, October 2, 2015
Who is a fan of quick and easy dinners? When I am cruising Pinterest for a new dinner idea, I usually put the word "easy" into the search box. Of course it goes without saying that it has to be yummy, too! A few months ago I can across this pin for Crockpot Cheeseburgers. The first time I made them was for one of our weekly Sunday-Funday Family dinners. We were hosting that week and I had just come across the pin a few days before, so I thought I would use my family as Guinea pigs. They were super easy, amazingly delicious, and had everyone asking me for the recipe before they left. 
According to the original recipe by Mostly Homemade Mom, here's what you need:
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 medium onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 6-8 Vlasic Farmer's Garden Zesty Garlic Chips, chopped
  • 8 oz Velveeta cheese
  •  rolls and burger toppings

Here's what you do:
1. Brown the ground beef and drain it.
2. Transfer the ground beef to the crockpot. (The first thing I always do when using the crockpot is put in a crockpot liner. You can buy them at the grocery store and it seriously saves you major scrubbing time later!)
3. Add the onion, garlic, mustard and pickles. I personally don't add the pickles to the crockpot, I just put them out as a topping for the burgers once they are ready to be served. 
4. Cook on low for 2 hours! It comes out like a melty, cheesy sloppy joe!
These are so good! I promise you, you will be glad you tried these. We don't have a grill at our  house yet so this is my solution to still having a burger every once in a while. I loved this recipe so much that I chose to feature it on my second segment of Gayle's Guide to Pinterest! You can check out the video below!
Happy Pinning!



Powered by Blogger.