Speech Therapy Themes… with a Freebie!

Friday, September 11, 2015
One of my favorite ways to stay organized and help students use carryover skills is to use themes in therapy! When I was in the schools, I always got a copy of my teachers' lesson plans and incorporated their themes, vocabulary, target letters, etc. into my therapy sessions. This way the kids were getting extra exposure to the material they were learning about in their classrooms but scaffolded down to their level and altered to reach their goals.
Confession time: I have anxiety. I am sure that I am not the only SLP that has it- in fact I know I am not. Keeping myself organized and having clear plans for what my week ahead will look like, helps me get more sleep at night. I like to use a calendar sheet to keep my themes organized. When I get my students' classroom theme list, I transfer them to this sheet and keep it in my student binder. Since I am a private therapist now, I keep one of these for each of my students. I use the Sunday section to name the theme and sometimes make a list of materials I need to pick up for the week.

You can download a copy of this calendar for free in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Click on the calendar image above to download your copy :)
PS- If you download this, I would LOVE to see a picture of how you use it on Instagram! Tag me in it @simply_speech
Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Powered by Blogger.