Welcome to Mrs. Kristin's Speech Room!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Last week, Jenna over at Speech Room News asked us all to take pictures of our therapy rooms and share how we organize our space. I wanted to share with you how I set up my speech room. I actually share my room with another SLP. We have the room split in half, divided by a book shelf. Here are some shots of my side of the room :)


This photo is taken from the door. You can see my desk by the window and my therapy table in the middle. Check out my cute rug from Home Goods!

Here is a shot of my desk. I have a black bin with file folders of lessons, themed units, and materials on the left. The bin labeled notebooks holds compostion books I use with both my speech and language students. My laptop. On the right, is my handy dandy dish rack turned into folder organizer (thank you Pinterest!). Here I hold all my files with open re-evaluations or upcoming IEPs.


This picture is my students' view from the therapy table. I have my data binders divided by grade behind me, the behavior chart, and Braidy! Having a white board sure is handy! You can also see my giant mirror on the floor that is great for oral motor activities.

Speaking of oral motor, here is my mini oral motor kit. I have tongue depressors, cotton balls, straws, Marshallow Fluff, and bubbles!
This is the other end of my side of the room. You can see my bookshelf with both stories and resources for me, my oh so popular game shelf, and other resources stashed away in my limited space!

Let me know if you have any questions about anything you see here. I plan on doing a few posts going into detail on some specifics from my room. Have a great day!


Powered by Blogger.