How I Organize My Therapy Materials By Theme!

Saturday, February 16, 2019
 It's no secret that I love using themes in therapy. They keep me organized, they give me motivation, and my students seem to be more engaged. Over the years I have collected a TON of therapy materials that go along with my themes but organizing them has always been a chore.

I have tried so many ways to organize my materials that I could write an entire blog post just on that. I've used everything from large ziplock baggies to an entire filing cabinet but nothing has really seemed to stick. The baggies were good for books, but not so much for games and activities. So the search continued.
One day while browsing the isles of Target (I know, shocker!) I came across these clear storage boxes and knew they would be perfect to store all my themed materials. The boxes were large enough to hold books, games, and activities but not too large to throw into the back of my car. 

These bins have been a saving grace for me. As I switch to a new theme, I switch the bin out in my car. As a traveling SLP, I don't have access to all of my materials all the time. So having this bin in my car makes it so much easier to have what I need accessible. It also helps keep me focused on what materials to use. Since I am using a theme, I am not constantly racking my brain for what activity to do each week or with each student. For most of my students, the story and activity will be the same, I will just adjust it based on their age level and goals. 
All of the boxes are labeled by theme for easy grab and go. I used to store them in my garage but recently moved them to our therapy clinic so I can share the love with my co-workers. 

The labels are FREE in my TpT store here!


Powered by Blogger.