Happy To Be An SLP {Blog Hop!}

Monday, May 12, 2014
Happy Monday!! I am super excited to be participating in this blog hop for Better Hearing & Speech Month! May is such an important month is our field. We get to celebrate our fellow SLPs and the students/clients that we work with every day. I am very happy to be an SLP and even more happy to share some fun facts about language development!
I think that I have grown a lot as a therapist since I have had my daughter. I get to watch her language develop and grow everyday. I often have flashbacks from grad school (without cringing!) as I can put facts to reality watching her grow. It amazes me that at only 2 years old, she is understanding a lot of things that I say, she is communicating back, putting words together, and greatly increasing her vocabulary on a daily basis. 
 In these early years, language develops rapidly. Our kids are like sponges so we should take advantage of every teachable moment possible. Did you know that by 4 years, most children can comprehend 5,600 words and use 900-1000 words expressively? 
Keep on hoppin' through these blogs to learn more fun speech & language facts AND to figure out the special message! You could with a $50, $25, or $15 Teachers Pay Teachers Gift Card!!


   

   

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the super fun blog hop! I find early language development to be so fascinating. It amazed me as my son was growing up how easy it was for him to learn language.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.