Our First Adventure with the Family Adventure Challenge Book!

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

These days, finding activities that my kids are excited about and doesn't involve a screen, is huge! Since Christmas time, I have seen ads on Facebook for The Adventure Challenge Books. I was intrigued, but it took a few friends to show off their adventures before I finally bought one for my crew as a Valentine's Day gift. 
A few weeks ago we finally had some free time and decided to partake in our first adventure. 

   

When you open the book, there is a legend that tells you how much time the activity will take, if you need to make a trip to the store to complete it, if you need to be outside, etc. So you can easily choose an activity that fits your availability for that day. 
We decided, based on the requirements, that our first adventure would be an activity called FLOATERS!


After we scratched off the explanation of the activity, we learned that we were going to have to collect fruits and vegetables from the fridge, grab a bucket of water,  and have a bobbing challenge! We were also instructed to create a point system for each food item. Then, we each had 60 seconds to grab as many fruits/veggies out of the water as we could. 

    

Bobbing for fruit proved to be a much harder task than the kids expected! I was proud of their determination to keep trying and not give up. 

This was such a fun way to show our kids that mom and dad can have fun, too. No worries about getting wet or dirty, after all, we had to follow the adventure rules!


   

Plus, I got to show them who's boss when I  kicked all their booties with 22 points!
I think we are going to get one of those old, large wrestling belts and create an Adventure Challenge Champ belt to pass between the winners after each challenge!



One of my favorite things about this book is that it creates a scrapbook for you! There is a place to stick on a picture from your adventure and then write a little summary of what you did. These books would be fantastic gifts for friends or family. There is also a couples version (which is now my new go to gift for weddings!) and best friends version. 

I cannot wait to see what our next family adventure will be!


If you want to purchase your own book, use this link here and code SPEECH for 10% off your purchase!





Powered by Blogger.