Pin of the Week: Holiday Stovetop Potpourri

Saturday, November 21, 2015
What in the world did we do before Pinterest? I don't know how I was able to plan my wedding without it! Have you seen those quizzes out right now that shows your most used words on Facebook? Pinterest was one of mine. I think it's safe to say I have a healthy addiction. So with that being said, let me introduce you to this week's Pin of the Week!
Are you hosting any holiday parties at your house this year? Put away your candles and plug-ins… this recipe for stovetop potpourri will make your whole house smell amazing! You can find dozens of different recipes on Pinterest, but this one is my favorite for the holidays. This specific recipe was found on the I Heart Naptime blog.
Here is what you need:
  • 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
  • 1 orange (sliced)
  • 4 cinnamon sticks (broken in half)
  • 1 TB cloves
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 2-3 cups water
Here is what you do:
Combine all of the ingredients in a pot and simmer on low for as long as you have guests over. It is very important to remember to continue to add water to the pot as it gets low. Burnt cranberries and cinnamon sticks just don't smell as good :)

Need a quick holiday gift for a friend, co-worker, or your child's teacher? Bag these ingredients up and gift the holiday smell! I found a ton of cute labels on Pinterest but you can find a few of my favorites here and here. 
I love this so much that I used this pin for my latest segment on Gayle's Guide to Pinterest, check out the video below. 

Powered by Blogger.