Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Two Speech’s Tangled Together: [simply speech.] and Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor GIrl

Happy Tangled Tuesday! I am very excited to be a part of Tangled Tuesday in conjunction with Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor Girl! Today I am reviewing Amy's, Following Directions and Answering Questions with Animals Activity. This is a 21 page activity that targets following directions, answering questions, basic concepts and auditory comprehension.... all areas that my students are working on!
 This activity contains 80 cards that have pictures of animals and a direction. There are both receptive and expressive directions included. For example, some cards say, "Point to the animal that..." and others say, "Which animal has...." The "which animal has..." questions can be used to target expressive language goals, articulation, sentence formation, grammar, etc.
Example of "which" cards
Example of "point to" cards.
Example of some prepositional cards.

I used this activity with my preschool and kindergarten speech and language groups. The kids had a lot of fun. Here is how we played:
Each child was presented a card one at a time. They either pointed or verbally responded to the question and then put a chip on the right answer. I don't know what it is about BINGO chips, but they love them! This activity kept the kids engaged and it gave me a great picture of where each student was in the area of following directions. It showed me the students that had trouble with prepositional directions, understanding functions, and understanding adjectives. I will definitely be using this activity in the future!

Thank you Amy Minor for letting me review this activity! You can purchase this activity in Amy's Teachers Pay Teachers store for $3.00

0 comments:

Post a Comment