Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pinterest... enough said!

If you have not heard of, looked at, or started using the website Pinterest... you are seriously missing out!! Pinterest is a website where you can create your own and view member's "inspiration" boards. I found a ton of cute and creative ideas for the classroom (home, etc) I plan to give a whirl this year! It also led me to some really great teacher blogs, which was my inspiration to start this one!

I wanted to share some of these super cute ideas....

First, how cute are these? Apples, peanut butter, and marshmallows! (of course we would nix the P.B. since we are a nut free school). This is an adorable snack that would be really great with helping the kids learn about their articulators and the anatomy of speech!

I would absolutely LOVE to set up this listening station.... if I only had the space! This would be a great place for auditory bombardment activities, Speechercise CD's, etc!

I came across this nifty little poster on a teacher's blog. You could use this as a good visual for students when working on social communication. There was a second page that went with this activity that said "I use my whole body listening when ____________." The page leaves a space for the student to draw a picture of themselves using whole body listening. Gotta love that!


Last but not least.... word families using paint chips!! This is a great FREE activity you can create. Pick up a sharpie and a sample (or 20) of your favorite colors at Home Depot and you are set! You could also use this to  target specific speech sounds!

That was just a sample of some of the great ideas I got while browsing! Enjoy and start pinning!

www.pinterest.com


2 comments:

  1. Kristin, I love that you began blogging. And what a great niche to be in. I will have to mention your blog on mine to let my friends know about you.

    Love you,
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that ... I love Pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete