Saturday, August 20, 2011

Paper, Folders, Binders, Oh My!

UPDATE: I have had many of you request the behavior punch card. I did not make it, but you can find a direct link to it here: http://kcummingsslp.blogspot.com/2012/08/wednesday-behavior-management.html. Thanks for checking out [simply speech.]

So this week has been all about organization (and staff meetings, of course!) I'll have pictures of my therapy room next week... I was down to the wire cleaning and organizing my room before the kiddos showed up last night! I figured before I post pictures of my room, I'd post some things that I found very helpful this year... courtesy of Pinterest, of course!


This is amazing... a dish drying rack used to organize folders/ act as a tool box! I have it on my table where I work with the kids. Since it's right next to me, I have easy access to my lesson plans and binders where I keep student information and data. (Parent phone numbers are good to have easy access to as well!!)

Spice rack for paper clips, push pins, rubber bands, and all those etc. items cluttering up your desk!! I have not been able to create this organizational masterpiece yet... but it is on my list!


My own version of this will be used in my room this year. I love the concept of the "Blurt Chart." The way this teacher uses it is each student starts the day with 3 smiley faces by their name. Every time they speak out of turn, or "blurts" out, one is removed. She takes away recess time for each smiley removed. I will be doing it based on behavior. Although, the "Blurt Chart" would be good great for social communication skills! You could also use it if you are teaching a child to raise his or her hand when they want to share. The way it will be used in my room, is if they have at least 1 smiley face left at the end of the session, they get a punch on the behavior punch card! The 3 strikes you're out kinda thing works pretty well for me!

There is a girl punch card too... email me if you want me to send you a copy of the boy and girl punch card. Once they reach 20 punches, they get a treat. This is a great way to incorporate number sequencing, behavior, self motivation... and they don't expect a treat every day!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!! Go Rays!!

10 comments:

  1. Where did you find the spice rack? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that picture on Pinterest. I have found some spice racks like that at Home Goods.

      Delete
  2. I would love a copy of the boy and girl punch card! Such a great idea!
    loriguyll{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the boy & girl punch cards as well!
    Thanks,
    Missy

    missypaoletti@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also love a copy of your boy and girl punch cards! Thanks a bunch!

    gforcina@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just added myself to your blog site....LOVE your ideas and creativity! I'm a SLP going on my 13th year, and it's highly refreshing to get ideas from other SLPs! Please send me copies of your girl/boy punch cards. Thank you for your hard work on this site and what you do for our kids! ~Nanette ;o)

    nannjohn07@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please email me the girl punch card? Thanks!
    adiharce@satx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. At the top of this post highlighted in yellow, is a link that will take you to a new post with the punch cards. I did not make them, they came from another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a copy of the boy/girl punch cards please!
    kmanchack (at) mesquiteisd (dot) org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the top of this post highlighted in yellow, is a link that will take you to a new post with the punch cards. I did not make them, they came from another blog.

      Delete